ELL/SPED The Dual Identified Student
Keynote speaker, Julie Esparza Brown, from Portland State University will lead us in an interesting discussion on the challenges of providing services for dual identified students. Joining us for the day will be Carmen West, ODE Program Specialist for Title III, ESL, and Bilingual Programs.
Topics to be covered:
- The legal framework on dual identified students.
- What exemplary policy and procedure manuals at the district level contain.
- What promising practices are on the ground level and how districts are implementing them.
- Whether ELD services should be continued for a dual identified student, and what documentation gathered over what period of time would be sufficient to discontinue services.
- Questions and case studies.