- Assist school districts in improving student performance.
- Enable school districts to operate more efficiently and economically.
- Provide leadership in helping Baker, Union, Umatilla and Morrow counties address demographic changes and the impact those changes will have on the needs of their schools and communities.
The InterMountain ESD is committed to engaging local school districts, teachers, parents, students and community in significantly enhancing the educational experience for students, and thus improving their potential for success. As a public agency charged with assisting local school districts, the IMESD serves as the leader in carrying out programs and services with the goal of making every student successful, providing the best possible teachers, helping to forge a new and long-term economic vitality for the rural area, and moving everyone to the use of the best possible practices, all focused on students.
In addition, the mission of the InterMountain ESD is to join with the 18 local school districts served directly by the IMESD and the Oregon Department of Education in a three-way partnership. This partnership is designed to achieve the educational goals and responsibilities of the state of Oregon and the specific goals established by school districts in Baker, Morrow, Umatilla and Union counties.
Under the provisions of HB 3184, adopted by the Oregon Legislative Assembly in its regular 2005 session, an education service district shall provide regionalized core services to component school districts. The goals of these services are to:
• Assist component school districts in meeting the requirements of state and federal law
• Improve student learning
• Enhance the quality of instruction provided to students
• Provide professional development to component school district employees
• Enable component school districts and the students who attend schools in those districts to have equitable access to resources
• Maximize operational and fiscal efficiencies for component school districts