Brief Writes ~ Writing for Success
Presented by Yolanda Westerberg
Audience: Administrators, District leaders, Instructional coaches and team leaders, Classroom teachers, Special Services Educators
Prepping for state tests can be stressful. Is there more learning your students need, to be successful with the writing skills being assessed? Did you need help in preparing your students for the Smarter Balanced Assessment? Do you need support to raise writing scores? If you answered YES to any of these questions, this session is for you!
This session will help educators prepare their students for the SBAC Brief Writes that they will encounter on the Computer Adapted Test.
The following will be covered:
1. Definition of Brief Writes
2. Skills students will need to be successful
3. Academic Vocabulary needed for this type of writing
4. Rubrics and scoring
5. Examples of Brief Writes: Narrative, Informative, Argumentative
6. How to prepare students for this type of writing
a. Across all grade levels and within all content areas
Registration Link: https://imesdmeet.zoom.us/meet...