Our Migrant Education Program hosted a Back to School Resource Fair on August 25th. We had a total of 233 people attend, including children! We had families from around our region join in on the fun!
We give away backpacks, school supplies, clothes, coats, and raffle blankets that were donated by an organization.
All of the following organizations were present with resources as well, including vaccines from OHA!
- Oregon Rural Action donated 100 hotdogs and buns and coordinated vaccines and gave out food boxes.
- Hermiston Public Library gave out information about their resources and had activities for kids.
- Euvalcree gave info about their services.
- Doulas Latinas had info about nursing and healthy eating.
- Lam Weston had FREE French Fries
- Advantage Dental did dental screening for kids and parents.
- Familia En Action donated 21 boxes of fresh veggies.
- OCDC provided child care services.
- UMCHS also provided child care services.
- CAPECO had info about the services they provide.
- OSU Extension Program gave out Healthy recipes and food bags to families.
- IMES HUB was enrolling preschoolers and had activities set up for kids.
- Also, a local family has a trampoline business, Aviles
Rentals, set up for the kids.
Thank you to all of those who helped and attended, for making this night such a success!